Continuous Enrollment Program
Every year, approximately 85% of RBS students return for the following school year. To make things easier for our RBS families, Rosedale Baptist School is launching a “Continuous Enrollment” program. This program is an efficient way for our families to manage enrollment from year to year by eliminating the long re-enrollment process! With Continuous Enrollment, they are continuously enrolled until graduation from RBS or until the family follows a withdrawal procedure.
To state the process as simply as possible:
- As part of the first-time enrollment process for new students, you will indicate your understanding that your children are continuously enrolled at Rosedale Baptist School until graduation or, if necessary, you notify the school in writing or by email that you are choosing to withdraw from RBS.
- Once enrolled, students are considered part of the Rosedale family until they graduate, with no further annual “re-enrollment” process involved.
- The annual Materials Fee (formerly known as the Matriculation Fee) for the following academic year will be applied to your school account each March, unless the school office is notified in writing by March 1 of your wish to opt out of re-enrollment or withdraw from RBS.
Here is a Timeline Chart of how this program will roll out:
Frequently Asked Questions
We have created a series of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to help our families understand how this process works and to anticipate questions you might have.
What is Continuous Enrollment?
- Continuous Enrollment is a common-sense approach to enrollment, which is followed by almost all colleges and is being adopted by many schools nationwide.
- Rather than an opt-IN annual re-enrollment process, Continuous Enrollment is an opt-OUT process. In other words, if you’re returning to RBS after initially enrolling, you’ll never have to take any other action to stay enrolled.
What if I am unsure if we are returning to RBS?
If you are unsure if your currently enrolled student(s) will be returning to RBS for the following school year, please contact the school office in writing or by email before March 1 to discuss your situation. If you decide to return after March 1, you may re-enroll your student at any time as long as there is still space available in the class.
How do new families join the Continuous Enrollment program?
As part of the enrollment process, new families sign a commitment form, which includes the following points:
- I hereby opt-in to continuous enrollment. This means that my child(ren) enrolled at RBS will keep returning to RBS every year unless I complete the withdrawal form.
- I understand that I have until March 1 every year to notify the RBS school office of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my children.
- I understand that the Continuous Enrollment enrollment fee will be drawn from my FACTS account in March each year.
- If I withdraw my children after March 1, I understand that enrollment fee is non-refundable.
What if I am enrolling a new sibling of a current student?
- As current Rosedale family, if you would like to enroll a sibling who is not currently attending here at RBS, priority enrollment will be awarded to that student through February 28.
- Enrolling a sibling of a current student is similar to enrolling a new student. Follow the application process online.
- Log in to your FACTS Family Portal account
- Select “Apply/Enroll” to start a new application
How do I withdraw my chid(ren) if we are unable to return to RBS next year?
To withdraw a student from RBS, parents should visit the school office and fill out a withdrawal form. It can also be found on our website under Resources > Forms.
How will I know what the new tuition rates will be each year?
RBS leadership approves tuition rates every January for the following academic year. The rates will be available on or before February 1 of every year. This will give you at month’s notice of the new rates before the final opt-out deadline.
Visit our “Tuition and Fees” webpage for the current tuition rates as well as for the next academic year.
How do I pay my annual Materials Fee?
This annual fee will automatically be charged to your school account in March. If you notify us prior to the March 1 deadline that you plan to opt-out for the following year, the finance office will remove the annual fee from your account.
Is my annual Materials Fee refundable?
Annual fees are non-refundable, except for the following cases:
- If your family submits a withdrawal form by March 1 for the following academic year (in which case the fee will not be drawn)
- In the event of a move out of the area before school begins
- In the event there are unforeseen circumstances, in which case a refund needs school leadership approval
Is there a penalty if I withdraw but later decide to return?
Families who withdraw and later decide to enroll must follow the procedure for new applicants, which requires an application fee in addition to the enrollment fee.