Philosophy and Objectives
Our Educational Objectives
The Bible teaches that “Jesus increased in wisdom, stature, and in favor with God and man” (Luke 2:52). Our Lord has provided us with His salvation to accept and His example to follow. Therefore, RBS seeks to develop the total person in the following areas:
- To lead the student to accept God’s gift of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ alone as Savior
- To develop attitudes and values consistent with the teaching of the Scriptures
- To instill a personal responsibility to God for individual behavior (“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” – Romans 12:1-2; also, Colossians 3:1 :”If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.” )
- To teach all subject matter in light of the Scripture, since God’s Word is the source of truth (“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” – John 17:17)
- To promote an instructional program to meet individual needs more adequately
- To provide academic excellence (“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. “ – II Timothy 2:15)
Physical and Social
- To stress the development and care of the body, since God created man a tri-partite being (body, soul, and spirit) whose body (for the Christian) is the residence of God the Holy Spirit (“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” – I Corinthians 6:19)
- To encourage wholesome forms of recreation and exercise (“For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” – I Timothy 4:8)
- To emphasize personal cleanliness and good grooming
- To expect dress consistent with Biblical standards (“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” – Romans 12:1, 2)
- To stress appropriate friendships and relationships among boys and girls and between the sexes (“Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” – II Timothy 2:22)
- To teach patriotism (“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God …” – Romans 13:1-4)
Our Mission Statement
Rosedale Baptist School exists to assist parents in educating their children by providing an academically excellent, biblically-based and Christ-centered quality education.
Our purpose is to enter into a partnership with Christian parents who are obediently committed to a total education process that is centered on God and His Word and results in academic development of the mind and spiritual development of the will and character. We embrace the privilege and responsibility God and parents impart to us in the education of the heart and mind of each of our students.
We believe the Bible is the standard of all truth and knowledge and therefore are committed to teaching all subjects with God’s Word as the focal point. We believe it is our God-given responsibility to teach our students traditional education fundamentals and life skills that will prepare our graduates to develop goals, make decisions, and live lives that are centered on Christ and glorifying to God.
We believe that parents are the ultimate authority over their children, and therefore they are accountable to God for their children’s spiritual and moral welfare.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible and authoritative Word of God. (“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” – 2 Timothy 3:16)
We believe there is one God (Is. 45:5; Ex. 20:1-5), eternally existent in three persons (I Jn. 5:7); Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” – Matthew 28:19)
We believe in the deity of our Lord, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. (“Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11; also see John 10:33; Matt. 1:23; Heb. 4:15; John 2:11; I Cor. 15:3; John 11:25; Mark 16:19)
We believe that salvation can be neither deserved nor earned but is the free gift of God given to those who accept it by faith. (“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” – Eph. 2:8-10; also see John 3:16; John 5:24; Rom. 5:8-9; Titus 3:5).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. They that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” – John 5:28-29)
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” – Eph. 4:4-6)
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by indwelling the Christian, enabling Him to live a Godly life. (“For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” – Romans 8:29) We believe that the sign gifts (prophecy, healing, tongues) ceased when the canon of Scripture was complete (I Corinthians 13:8-10).