Our Mission Statement
Rosedale Baptist School exists to reach students for Christ, build them to their greatest potential in Him, and train them to serve the Lord and others.
Rosedale Baptist School Distance Learning Details
RBS WEEKLY UPDATE – May 18, 2020
Senior and Kindergarten Graduation Updates:
We remain hopeful that we will be able to host our graduations on schedule. As you know, the governor opened up the state to allow churches to continue their worship on site at 50% occupancy. Unfortunately, our county has not approved this type of reopening yet. However, if that opportunity is provided, we believe that we could host our graduation ceremonies as scheduled with a few modifications. We would need to limit our kindergarten graduation to one class at a time. There may also be a need to limit attendance. We will continue to follow our government’s direction in all areas. We will also continue to update you as more information becomes available.
Several weeks ago, we offered a survey to the parents of our kindergarten and senior students to provide feedback regarding this year’s graduation. The survey results communicated that the strong majority of our parents preferred to hold off on graduation until we are able to host our traditional ceremonies. Therefore, we will wait patiently until we are able to honor our graduates in the best way possible. As a safeguard, we have chosen Saturday, June 27, and Saturday, July 18, as alternative dates for all graduations if we are unable to proceed as scheduled.
National Honor Society Induction Ceremony:
Our National Honor Society Induction Ceremony is posted on our FaceBook and Instagram pages.
We had our last student packet pickup last Friday. If you were unable to pick up your child’s packet, please call the school office to make arrangements for pickup. The information in the packet provides a printed copy of the materials your child will need. All materials can also be found online. Therefore, you are not required to pick up the packet. Please note that materials for grades 7 and 10 are only found online. A packet is not available for these grades.
Progress Reports will be posted on Wednesday.
May Newsletter Information:
Our May Newsletter was emailed to you last week. The May Newsletter contains all the information you need to know regarding the remainder of the school year, including graduation information, award ceremonies, and a return to the classroom at the end of the year. Please note the important dates below. Detailed information can be found within the May Newsletter.
• Monday, May 13 – National Honor Society Induction Ceremony posted at 7:00 p.m. on Facebook and Instagram
• Wednesday, May 20 – Progress Reports Posted
• Friday, May 22 – MS/JV/V Sports Awards Assembly posted at 7:00 p.m. on Facebook and Instagram
• Tuesday, May 26 – Seniors’ last day
• Thursday, May 28 – Senior Graduation (if permitted)
• Friday, May 29 – Yearbook order deadline
• Monday, June 1 – K5 Graduation for Miss Bateman’s class (if permitted) | MS/HS Exam Review Day
• Tuesday, June 2 – K5 Graduation for Ms. Hamilton’s class (if permitted) | MS/HS Exam Review Day
• Wednesday, June 3 – MS/HS Exam Day | RBS White Marsh Academic Awards Assembly posted at 6:00 p.m. on Facebook (please note that this is a change to the May Newsletter)
• Thursday, June 4 – K5 Graduation for Mrs. Stamp’s class (if permitted) | MS/HS Exam Day | RBS White Marsh last day of school / Student checkout from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. During student checkout, students and parents may return to the classroom to pick up the remainder of their personal belongings. | RBS Baltimore Elementary Academic Awards Assembly posted at 6:00 p.m. on Facebook (please note that this is a change to the May Newsletter) | RBS Baltimore MS/HS Academic Awards Assembly posted at 7:00 p.m. on Facebook (please note that this is a change to the May Newsletter)
• Friday, June 5 – MS/HS Exam Day | RBS Baltimore last day of school / Student checkout from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. During student checkout, students and parents may return to the classroom to pick up the remainder of their personal belongings.
Distance Learning Program Updates/Reminders:
1. It is necessary for students to complete and return the work that your child’s teacher is assigning and requesting to be returned. Students in grades K5-12 will need to complete their work in order to successfully complete their current grade level.
2. All teachers are available from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. for a video conference with you and/or your child. This is a great time to re-teach a concept or answer a school-related question. You are also welcome to call during school hours. Please note that our teachers will be connecting with their own families after 4:00 p.m.; therefore, you may not get a response to a phone call after that time. If your schedule makes you unavailable during school hours, feel free to reach out and request a time to speak after hours.
DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM DETAILS
Preschool & Elementary
DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM DETAILS
Middle School & High School
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy As To Students
Rosedale Baptist School admits students of any race, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.